Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Rabies
Director / Head:
Dr. Alireza Zavareh
Pasteur Institute of Iran
IRAN (ISLAMIC REP.)
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Participation as a reference Lab. for determination of anti-rabies antibody titer by RFFIT method,"Harmonization of RFFIT".
- Laboratory diagnosis of rabies virus by FA test in suspected samples, submitted by other Laboratories.
- Testing the potency of rabies vaccines by NIH test.
- Research collaboration on the other invitro quantification of rabies virus glycoprotein as an antigen to achieve a correlation with NIH test.
- Patricipation in consulting meetings regarding to rabies control in middle eastern countries.
- To implement training courses on rabies for students, researchers and staffs from middle eastern countries.
- Working on rabies vaccines in order to increase their potencies.
- a- Achieving the best route of administration of rabies vaccine by serum survey in Iranian population and may suggest it to other middle eastern countries.
b- Annually rabies treatment of exposed persons.
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
MALIK SK MD Mamunur
DAUMERIE Denis Paul Jacques
+41 22 79 13919
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork