Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Prevention of Deafness and Hearing Impairment
Director / Head:
MD, ORL Ronny Suwento
Department of ENT, Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo National Hospital, Medical Faculty
University of Indonesia
Jalan Diponegoro 71
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to WHO's effort in the capacity building for all level manpower on ear and hearing impairment
- To participate in collaborative research on hearing impairment and CBR under WHO leadership.
- To assist WHO in development of strategies for CBR regarding Hearing impairment program activities from prevention and promotion through ear care and rehabilitation.
- Prevention of deafness
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
You can also contact:
- CHADHA Shelly
+41 22 79 14289
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork