Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Epidemiology and Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
Director / Head:
Prof. K. SRINATH REDDY
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
(91-11) 2659 4861 / 2659 3322
(91-11) 2658 9000 / 2658 2663
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- Gathering community based data relevant to cardio-metabolic disease in the Indian population
- Developing low-cost, multifactorial, and sustainable delivery improvement strategies for cardiovascular risk reduction in the Indian population
- Capacity building in non-communicable disease research in India
- To design, implement & evaluate interventions for promoting healthy behaviours among youth with emphasis on tobacco avoidance & cessation, increase in physical activity & healthy dietary practices.
- 5. To assist the Government of India & WHO in the development, implementation & evaluation of policies & programmes related to: a) tobacco control & b) diet & physical activity.
- To support Regional WHO activities within the framework of the Global Progamme for Prevention & Control of Cardiovascular diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
GARG Renu Madanlal
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 791 3441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork