Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Tuberculosis Research and Training
Director / Head:
Dr Prahlad Kumar
National Tuberculosis Institute (NTI)
No. 8, Avalon Bellary Road
91 080 23362431
91 080 23440952
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO for capacity building on Tuberculosis care and control in the SEA Region
- To participate in collaborative research on TB epidemiology, care and control strategies relevant to country context of the SEA Region under WHO leadership
- On request of WHO, to provide technical support on Tuberculosis to institutions in Member countries in SEA Region
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 2.2 - Policy and technical support provided to countries towards expanded gender-sensitive delivery of prevention, treatment and care interventions for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, including integrated training and service delivery; wider service-provider networks; and strengthened laboratory capacities and better linkages with other health services, such as those for sexual and reproductive health, maternal, newborn and child health, sexually transmitted infections, nutrition, drug-dependence treatment service respiratory care, neglected diseases and environmental health.
Ower: 2.4 - Global, regional and national systems for surveillance, evaluation and monitoring strengthened and expanded to keep track of progress towards targets and allocation of resources for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria control and to determine the impact of control efforts and the evolution of drug resistance.
Ower: 2.6 - New knowledge, intervention tools and strategies developed and validated to meet priority needs for the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, with scientists from developing countries increasingly taking the lead in this research.
HYDER Md Khurshid Alam
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork