Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Secondary Standard Radiation Dosimetry
Director / Head:
Dr K. S. Pradeep Kumar
Radiation Standards Section, Health Safety and Environment Group
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Radiation Standards Section(RSS)/Radiation Safety Systems Division(RSSD), Health, Safety and Environment Group, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre ,Trombay
(91-22) 5593717 / 25593603
(91-22) 550 5313
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To Conduct postal dose quality audits for the radiotherapy hospitals in India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Nepal and
provide a postal dosimetry intercomparison service for radiotherapy centres in cooperation with IAEA/WHO Global Programme;
- To develop and maintain dosimetry standards and to provide calibration services to radiotherapy centres in the country for dosimeters used in Teletherapy and Brachytherapy.
- To provide technical support on radiation protection and clinical dosimetry.
- To develop and organize training programmes on radiation safety.
- To develop and maintain quality assurance programme for radiation protection of occupationally exposed workers
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
3.5.1 - Country capacity strengthened to assess health risks, develop and implement policies, strategies or regulations for the prevention, mitigation and management of the health impacts of environmental risks
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
PEREZ Maria Del Rosario
+41 22 791 5027
ONYON Lesley Jayne
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork