Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Secondary Standard Radiation Dosimetry
Director / Head:
Dr K. S. Pradeep Kumar
Radiation Standards Section, Health Safety and Environment Group
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
RSS/RSSD, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre ,Trombay
(91-22) 550 5313
(91-22) 550 5313
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To Conduct postal dose quality audits for the radiotherapy hospitals in India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Nepal and
provide a postal dosimetry intercomparison service for radiotherapy centres in cooperation with IAEAlWHO Global Programme;
- To develop and maintain the dosimetry standards and provide calibration of dosimeters for Teletherapy and brachytherapy to the radio therapy hospitals in the country.
- To provide technical support on radiation dosimetry in clinical work and radiation protection where needed.
- To develop and organize training programmes on radiation safety.
- To Develop and maintain the standards for x-and gamma rays for radiation protection of occupational workers.
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
PEREZ Maria Del Rosario
+41 22 79 15027
SENANAYAKE Gunasena Sunil
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork