Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research in Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Dr Lakhbir Dhaliwal
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)
(91-172) 275 6345
(91-172) 274 7909
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO for conducting clinical, research on relevant aspects of reproductive health.TOR 1 X
1. Development of guidelines on prevention and management of infertility in the primary health care system funded by (WHO-SEARO)
2.Comparison of mifepristone plus misoprostol and misoprostol alone for inducing abortion at 13-20 weeks gestation: A double blind randomized multicentre trial
- To collaborate with WHO and Ministry of Health in supporting country response to achieving MDG 5.
1. Facility Based Maternal Death Review Networking with other hospitals.
2. Prevalence of Infertility in India
- In collaboration with other partner organisaitons, to contribue towards research capacity strengthening in reproductive health
1. Scientific writing workshops in collaboration with WHO (HQ) resource person: Dr Jitender Khanna
2. Training of Trainers (TOTs)
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
Ower: 4.2 - National research capacity strengthened as necessary and new evidence, products, technologies, interventions and delivery approaches of global and/or national relevance available to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, to promote active and healthy ageing, and to improve sexual and reproductive health.
Ower: 4.3 - Guidelines, approaches and tools for improving maternal care applied at the country level, including technical support provided to Member States for intensified action to ensure skilled care for every pregnant woman and every newborn, through childbirth and the postpartum and postnatal periods, particularly for poor and disadvantaged populations, with progress monitored.
Ower: 4.7 - Guidelines, approaches and tools made available, with provision of technical support to Member States for accelerated action towards implementing the strategy to accelerate progress towards the attainment of international development goals and targets related to reproductive health, with particular emphasis on ensuring equitable access to good-quality sexual and reproductive health services, particularly in areas of unmet need, and with respect for human rights as they relate to sexual and reproductive health.
GULMEZOGLU Ahmet Metin
+41 22 79 13417
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork