Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Prof ALKA KRIPLANI
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
(91-11) 2686 4851-61
(91-11) 2686 2663, 26588449
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To collaborate with WHO, and coordinate as required, the promotion and conduct of research in sexual and reproductive health, including multicentre studies on therapeutic interventions, diagnostics, and fertility regulation methods.
- 2. To strengthen capacity in sexual and reproductive health research, within India and in the WHO South East Asian region, through formal training, continuing medical education programmes and other means, such as workshops and seminars.
- 3. To generate and collate evidence needed to be able to advocate for: expanding safe abortion services in India and the WHO South East Asian region; promotion of preconception care; and prevention of reproductive health-related outcomes among women tobacco use and among women and children of second-hand tobacco smoke.
- 4. To promote and support inter-institutional/inter-country collaboration and networking within the Special Programme on Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction and within the network of collaborating centre for reproductive, maternal and newborn health.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
Ower: 4.1 - Support provided to Member States to formulate a comprehensive policy, plan and strategy for scaling up towards universal access to effective interventions in collaboration with other programmes, paying attention to reducing gender inequality and health inequities, providing a continuum of care throughout the life course, integrating service delivery across different levels of the health system and strengthening coordination with civil society and the private sector.
GULMEZOGLU Ahmet Metin
+41 22 79 13417
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork