Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Reproductive Health
Director / Head:
Dr Sanjay Chauhan
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
Jehangir Merwanji Street, Parel
(91-22) 2419 2000
(91-22) 413 4912
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To collaborate with WHO for promoting & conducting biomedical, clinical, operational & socio-behavioral research on nationally relevant aspects of reproductive health that includes fertility regulation, infertility, maternal & child health reproductive tract infections including sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS; adolescent sexual & reproductive health & menopause.
- 2. To promote quality of care through development and dissemination of evidence-based technical and operational guidelines for reproductive health.
- 3. To strengthen research capacities by way of staff training and development & training of scientists from other institutions from within & outside the country.
- 4. To jointly organize conference and workshops for advocating research results for evidence based policy making, planning & programming.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 4.2 - National research capacity strengthened as necessary and new evidence, products, technologies, interventions and delivery approaches of global and/or national relevance available to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, to promote active and healthy ageing, and to improve sexual and reproductive health.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork