Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Doctor Ishwar V. Basavaraddi
Department of Yoga Therapy & Training
Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga
68 Ashok Road
Delhi Capital Territory
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To serve as Yoga resource centre for information exchange on Yoga within the country and for other countries.
- To assist and work with WHO in developing standards for promoting rational use of Yoga.
- To develop educational and practice materials for advocating evidence-based use of Yoga.
- To conduct customized training programs for national and international health professionals and WHO fellows about the utility of Yoga in health promotion.
- Traditional medicine
- Health promotion & education
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.5 - Better knowledge and evidence for health decision-making assured through consolidation and publication of existing evidence, facilitation of knowledge generation in priority areas, and global leadership in health research policy and coordination, including with regard to ethical conduct.
10.6 - National health research for development of health systems strengthened in the context of regional and international research and engagement of civil society.
10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
ISLAM Quazi Monirul
+66 2 5901514
+41 22 79 13698
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork