Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Professor M.S. Baghel
Institute for Post GraduateTeaching & Research in Ayurveda
Gujarat Ayurved University
Guru Govind Hospital Road, Opp. GG Hospital
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- (i) To contribute to WHO efforts in the standardization of traditional medicine (Ayurveda).
- (ii) To work with WHO in developing and disseminating reference documents for promoting rational and safe use of traditional medicine (Ayurveda).
- (iii) To provide training opportunities on Ayurveda and promote information exchange.
- (iv) To evolve strategies and interventions for improving communication between traditional medicine practitioners and modern medical professionals.
- (v) To work with WHO for developing capacities in safety monitoring of traditional medicines.
- Traditional medicine
- Health promotion & education
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 10.3 - Coordination of the various mechanisms (including donor assistance) that provide support to Member States in their efforts to achieve national targets for health-system development and global health goals improved.
Ower: 10.5 - Better knowledge and evidence for health decision-making assured through consolidation and publication of existing evidence, facilitation of knowledge generation in priority areas, and global leadership in health research policy and coordination, including with regard to ethical conduct.
Ower: 10.13 - Evidence based norms, standards and measurement tools developed to support member states to quantify and decrease the level of unsafe health care provided.
+41 22 791 3698
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork