Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Vulnerability and Health
Director / Head:
Prof. Róza Ádány
Department of Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Public Health
University of Debrecen
Kassai st. 26/b
+36 52 460193
+36 52 460195
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in developing methodologies for equitable and comparable research on Roma health (activities 1, 2, 3).
- To work with WHO in disseminating relevant, ethical and valid research results and achievements of projects related to Roma health (activities 3, 4, 5, 7, 8).
- To contribute to WHO evidence collection, policy guidance, and advocacy material related to vulnerable groups, in particular Roma (activity 7, 8).
- To provide WHO with capacity-building materials and events for policymakers from European Member States on inclusive research methods, existing research on Roma health, and the impacts of housing policies on Roma health (activities 6, 7, 8).
- Research policy & development
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
Ower: 7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
Ower: 7.4 - Ethics- and human rights-based approaches to health promoted within WHO and at national and global levels.
+45 45 33 68 04
VILLAR MONTESINOS Eugenio Raul
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork