Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research & Training in Mental Health
Director / Head:
PROF. COSTAS STEFANIS
University Mental Health Research Institute
2, SORANOU TOU EFESSIOU STR
(0030) 210 6170003/ 6170806
(0030) 210 6170938/6528354
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1.Research to develop strategies for intervention on an increased awareness of mental health aspects of social action and change.
- 2. Research on evaluation of mental health services with particular emphasis on PHC
- 3.Participation in WHO coordinated research activities on biological aspects of diagnosis and classification of mental disorders.
- 4. Participation in WHO coordinated investigations on improvement of treatment methods and approaches in the prevention of mental disorders
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork