Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS pour la Recherche en Epidémiologie et la Réponse aux Maladies émergentes
Director / Head:
Dr Emmanuel Baron
8 rue Saint Sabin
(33-1) 40 21 28 48
(33-1) 40 21 28 03
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Cooperate with WHO in its function of Alert and Response to outbreaks of international importance, notably for outbreaks of epidemic prone diseases.
- Participation to regional and international field epidemiology trainings organized by WHO.
- Contribution to research protocols development and participation to research projects supported by WHO and related to control and surveillance of communicable diseases.
- Provide technical support for field epidemiology assessments of epidemic prone diseases in complex emergencies.
- Participate in the definition and development of impact monitoring and evaluation activities of vaccination in emergency situations.
- Inform WHO of any epidemiological or laboratory information that would be in conjunction with a risk of international transmission of a serious disease: viral and bacterial infections due to Epidemic Infectious Diseases.
- Communicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 1.7 - Member States and the international community equipped to detect, assess, respond to and cope with major epidemic and pandemic-prone diseases (e.g. influenza, meningitis, yellow fever, haemorrhagic fevers, plague and smallpox) through the development and implementation of tools, methodologies, practices, networks and partnerships for prevention, detection, preparedness and intervention.
Ower: 1.4 - Policy and technical support provided to Member States in order to enhance their capacity to carry out surveillance and monitoring of all communicable diseases of public health importance.
FORMENTY Pierre B.h.
+41 22 791 2550
PUKKILA Jukka Tapani
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork