Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS pour l'Evaluation de nouveaux Insecticides destinés à la Lutte contre les Vecteurs
Director / Head:
Dr Fabrice Chandre
Laboratoire de Lutte contre les Insectes nuisibles (LIN)
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD)
911 avenue Agropolis BP 64501 Cedex 5
(33) 4 67 04 32 23
(33) 4 67 54 20 44
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Laboratory testing and evaluation of pesticide products (WHOPES Phase I) intended for public health use according to WHO guidelines (WHO 2005.11; WHO 2005.13; WHO 2006.3).
- Small scale field testing and evaluation (WHOPES Phase II - experimental huts) of pesticide products in malaria and arbovirus endemic countries through the ABC and the VBC network.
- Technical advice to WHO on use of public health pesticides for vector-borne disease control, including development of guidelines for testing and evaluation of pesticide products.
- Support WHO in strengthening the capacity of vector-borne disease endemic countries in testing and evaluation of public health pesticides.
- Vector biology & control
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
Ower: 8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
Ower: 8.5 - Health-sector leadership enhanced for creating a healthier environment and changing policies in all sectors so as to tackle the root causes of environmental threats to health, through means such as responding to emerging and re-emerging consequences of development on environmental health and altered patterns of consumption and production and to the damaging effect of evolving technologies.
+41 22 791 1868
EJOV Mikhail Nicolaevich
+45 45 33 66 61
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork