Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS de Référence et Recherche pour les Yersinia
Director / Head:
Dr Elisabeth CARNIEL
Unité de Recherche Yersinia
28 rue du Docteur Roux F-75724, Cedex 15 -
(33-1) 45 68 89 54
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide WHO with a technical expertise on Yersinia strains identification and susceptibility to antibiotics as well as on epidemiological surveillance and outbreak investigation and control.
- To participate in laboratory trainings on pathogenic Yersinia
- To maintain a collection of reference strains and to provide, when possible, other laboratories with reference materials such as DNA and specific bacteriophages. To provide reference protocols under request.
- To improve and develop molecular techniques for the detection and characterization of pathogenic Yersinia.
- Bacterial diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Communicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Outbreaks and emergencies
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Provision of reference substances and other services
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.7 - Member States and the international community equipped to detect, assess, respond to and cope with major epidemic and pandemic-prone diseases (e.g. influenza, meningitis, yellow fever, haemorrhagic fevers, plague and smallpox) through the development and implementation of tools, methodologies, practices, networks and partnerships for prevention, detection, preparedness and intervention.
BERTHERAT Eric Gerard Georges
+41 22 79 14608
MERCER David John
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork