Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS de Référence et de Recherche pour les Arbovirus et les Fièvres hémorragiques virales
Director / Head:
Dr Noël TORDO
Département de Virologie, Unité de Biologie des Infections Virales Emergentes (UBIVE), Centre National de Référence des Fièvres Hémorragiques Virales
25 rue du Docteur Roux
+ 33 6 83 0 997 56
+ 33 1 40 61 32 54
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Diagnosis of arbovirus infections and viral haemorrhagic fevers using reference techniques (only few commercial available reagents): molecular, antigenic, serological methods and virus isolation.
- Collection of viral isolates and reference strains
- Distribution of diagnosis methods/reagents ((limited quantities) for arboviruses and viral haemorrhagic fevers to collaborative laboratories involved in surveillance
- Development and validation of new diagnosis methods for both laboratory and field use
- Involvement in infectious disease surveillance
- Monitoring of viral genetic and antigenic diversity in vaccinated areas
- Field laboratory support for investigation of epidemics and outbreaks of emerging zoonoses
- Teaching, training, dissemination of knowledge: publications, meetings, information to human and animal care workers, communication with laboratories and medias
- Viral diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
- Training and education
Ower: 1.4 - Policy and technical support provided to Member States in order to enhance their capacity to carry out surveillance and monitoring of all communicable diseases of public health importance.
Ower: 1.7 - Member States and the international community equipped to detect, assess, respond to and cope with major epidemic and pandemic-prone diseases (e.g. influenza, meningitis, yellow fever, haemorrhagic fevers, plague and smallpox) through the development and implementation of tools, methodologies, practices, networks and partnerships for prevention, detection, preparedness and intervention.
Ower: 1.8 - Regional and global capacity coordinated and made rapidly available to Member States for detection, verification, risk assessment and response to epidemics and other public health emergencies of international concern.
FORMENTY Pierre B.H.
+41 22 79 12550
You can also contact:
- BERTHERAT Eric Gerard Georges
+45 45 33 66 80
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork