Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Research and Management on Zoonoses Control
Director / Head:
Dr Florence CLIQUET
Laboratoire de la Rage et de la Faune Sauvage de Nancy
Agence nationale de sécurité sanitaire de l’alimentation, de l’environnement et du travail (ANSES)
Technopôle Agricole et Vétérinaire B.P 40009, 54220 Malzéville
+33-383 29 89 50
+33-3 83 29 89 58
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- On request of WHO, design, conduct and evaluate basic, operational and applied research projects for the control of zoonoses, more specifically on rabies and Echinococcosis.
- Strengthen networking among other WHO Collaborating Centres, for the purpose of advancing complementary areas and information exchange within the objectives of WHO of zoonoses control.
- Together with WHO provide training and assist with the preparation and dissemination of educational materials.
- Provide on request of WHO, biological reference materials, laboratory services and assistance to countries to develop their surveillance against rabies and Echinococcosis
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+41 22 791 2072
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork