Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Mental Health Promotion, Prevention and Policy
Director / Head:
Director Pia Solin
Health and Social Services, Mental Health
National Institute for Health Welfare
(358) 29 524 7332
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to WHO's work in the development of evidence-based mental health promotion and prevention tools / guidance and their dissemination.
- To assist WHO in the implementation of the European mental health action plan with focus on policies development and patients' empowerment.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+45 45 33 68 46
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork