Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Mental Health Promotion, Prevention and Policy
Director / Head:
Director Pia Solin
Health and Social Services, Mental Health
National Institute for Health Welfare
(358-) 20610 6000
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Mental health information systems.
- Evidence-based mental health promotion and prevention.
- Implementing support for development of integrated mental health policies.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork