Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Prevention, Control and Treatment of Tuberculosis
Director / Head:
Dr Tuula Vasankari
Finnish Lung Health Association (FILHA)
Sibeliuksenkatu 11A 1, FIN-00250
+ 358 9 4542 1210
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide support to WHO in the implementation of the WHO recommended TB control strategy and training on TB control in Europe and also in areas and regions of less developed low-to-mid income countries.
- To support WHO in arranging annual, regular or as needed TB training courses for both physicians and nurses both in low-incidence countries of TB as well as in areas and regions of less developed low-to-mid income countries with mid-to-high incidence of TB.
- To support WHO in arranging national and international workshops and seminars on TB in collaboration with WHO and other international agencies (e.g. ministries, national public health institutes).
- To support WHO in providing technical assistance, training and other possible activities related to the PAL (Practical Approach to Lung Health) strategy.
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 2.1 - Guidelines, policy, strategy and other tools developed for prevention of, and treatment and care for patients with, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, including innovative approaches for increasing coverage of the interventions among poor people, and hard-to-reach and vulnerable populations.
Ower: 2.2 - Policy and technical support provided to countries towards expanded gender-sensitive delivery of prevention, treatment and care interventions for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, including integrated training and service delivery; wider service-provider networks; and strengthened laboratory capacities and better linkages with other health services, such as those for sexual and reproductive health, maternal, newborn and child health, sexually transmitted infections, nutrition, drug-dependence treatment service respiratory care, neglected diseases and environmental health.
+41 22 79 12485
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork