Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing
Director / Head:
Dr Arja Holopainen
Nursing Research Institute
Asemamiehenkatu 2 - FIN-00520
+358 44 5290058
+358 9 22900240
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- In collaboration with WHO, to build up the evidence base for nursing and midwifery practice through research.
- To participate in jointly planned and implemented research developed under WHO leadership in the field of advanced nursing practice.
- To contribute to WHO's efforts in ensuring that nursing and midwifery education/training programmes and continuing education programmes are aligned with the European strategic directions for strengthening nursing and midwifery towards Health 2020 goals.
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
4.2.2 - Countries enabled to plan and implement strategies that are in line with WHO’s global strategy on human resources for health and the WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel
4.2.1 - Policy options, tools and technical support to countries for equitable people-centred integrated service delivery and strengthening of public health approaches
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 791 4314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork