Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Development in Medical Education
Director / Head:
Professor Mohamed El-Kalioby
Center for Research & Development in Medical Education & Health Services (CRD), Faculty of Medicine (FOM)
Suez Canal University (SCU)
Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Round road
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support WHO with transformation of health professions education with special emphasis on medical education at the institutional, national and regional levels.
- On request of WHO, initiate and conduct research in the field of workforce education in general and medical education in particular.
- Work with WHO in promoting community oriented medical education at the regional and global level.
- Health promotion & education
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
GEDIK Fethiye Gulin
+41 22 791 2529
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork