Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Development in Medical Education and Health Services
Director / Head:
Professor Mohamed El-Kalioby
Center for Research & Development in Medical Education & Health Services (CRD), Faculty of Medicine (FOM)
Suez Canal University (SCU)
Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Round road
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To support research in the field of Medical Education.
- 2. To supervise health systems research & develop collaborative activities with health authorities & professional associations accordingly. This will be accomplished locally. It will also be promoted nationally and internationally.
- 3. To promote community-oriented & community-based medical education as well as problem-based learning approaches in training health personnel in countries of the Eastern Mediterranean Region.
- 4. To act as a regional resource for health personnel in the community-oriented & problem-based learning approaches.
- 5. To train health personnel in the field of management & leadership, student assessment, programme evaluation & other topics in the medical education field nationally, regionally, & internationally.
- Health promotion & education
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
MAGZOUB Mohi ElDin
WHEELER Erica Lynette
+41 22 79 12529
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork