Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Epidemiology & Prevention of Cardiovascular & other Chronic Diseases
Director / Head:
Dr Ulrich KEIL
Institute of Epidemiology & Social Medicine
(49-251) 83 55396 / 55397
(49-251) 83 55300
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO in training in the field of epidemiology & cardiovascular epidemiology & prevention
- To collaborate in the field of cardiovascular prevention by continuing work on EUROASPIRE I, II, III data, helping to implement EUROASPIRE IV and planning on a mortality follow up of EUROASPIRE I,II and III.
- Collaborating in the field of cardiovascular prevention by continuing the work on SCORE=Systematic Coronary Risk Evaluation and especially on the SCORE-Deutschland Project.
- To collaborate in the field of epidemiology of asthma & allergies by continuing the 20 year work on ISAAC I, II and III (ISAAC=International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood)
- To provide and update the data on the burden of passive smoking and utilize these data for the implementation of laws protecting against exposure to ETS in Germany.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
+41 22 79 13329
+45 45 33 67 72
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork