Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Air Quality Management & Air Pollution Control
Director / Head:
Dr Andreas Gies
Dept. II 1 - Environmental Hygiene
Federal Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt/UBA)
(49-30) 8903 1281
(49-30) 8903 1283
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To foster the exchange of information with and between the air quality and the health-relevant monitoring and assessment networks in the WHO European Region, expanding to EECCA countries.
- To disseminate information on WHO programmes and activities related to ambient and indoor air quality and health.
- To support WHO in projects/activities on the evaluation of air pollution on human health.
- To assist WHO projects related to air quality and health in the preparation, update and revision of WHO documents.
- To organize technical workshops and expert meetings on air quality management and air pollution control (in co-operation with WHO, particularly with EECCA countries, and other international organizations, such as EU and UNECE).
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
3.5.1 - Country capacity strengthened to assess health risks, develop and implement policies, strategies or regulations for the prevention, mitigation and management of the health impacts of environmental risks
JAROSINSKA Dorota Iwona
DORA Carlos Francisco C.
+41 22 791 3541
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork