Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Ms Ellen Zwink
Dr Hans-Martin Hasselhorn
Federal Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (FIOSH), Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin (BAuA)
Nöldner Straße 40-42
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Active contribution to the development of an inventory of tools for improving the psychosocial work environment from across the regions
(GMP 2012, Priority 3. Tools, standards and capacities for healthy workplaces; Global Product 3.1. Major activity 2)
- Work in conjunction with further toolkit developers to facilitate implementation and evaluation of an MSDs risk management toolkit in practice
(GMP 2012, Priority 3. Tools, standards and capacities for healthy workplaces; Global Product 3.1. Major activity 9)
- BAuA Hosting of the “CC-Meeting of WHO EU Network for Workers' Health”, Dortmund, Fall 2013
- Occupational health
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
+49 228 815 0431
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork