Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition
Director / Head:
Ms Hanne Gillett
Department of Global Nutrition and Health
Metropolitan University College
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support the WHO European Region´s Action Network 'Obesity & Inequalities'
- Identification of systemic risk factors for obesity development in school children and adolescents
- Develop a standardized methodology for use by Member States 'How to generate healthy national food baskets' (HNFBs)
- Compare the cost of healthy national food baskets (HNFBs) in different WHO European Member States
- Training national experts within European Member States how to use the methodology to generate healthy national food baskets (HNFBs)
- Scholarships - 2 tuition fee scholarships per year granted to 2 prospective students selected by WHO for BSc in Global Nutrition and Health.
- Monitoring the Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes and support WHO in the promoting and protecting breastfeeding by establishing a Global Center for monitoring the code of marketing of breast milk substitues
- Training Course in one European Member State on the development of their national multisectoral policy to prevent NCDs and the double burden of malnutrition
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
Ower: 9.1 - Partnerships and alliances formed, leadership built and coordination and networking developed with all stakeholders at country, regional and global levels, in order to promote advocacy and communication, stimulate intersectoral actions, increase investment in nutrition, food-safety and food-security interventions, and develop and support a research agenda.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
RODRIGUES DA SILVA BREDA Joao Joaquim
+45 45 33 67 25
+41 22 791 1025
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork