Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition
Director / Head:
Ms Hanne Gillett
Department of Global Nutrition and Health
Metropolitan University College
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Priority Area 1: Obesity and Social Inequalities:
- Work packages within POLMARK project
- Report on cost of a healthy diet in Denmark
- Priority Area 2: Intervention Mapping as a method for health promotion:
- Report from intervention mapping implementation at municipalities
- Report from intervention mapping implementation in diverse cultural, national and ethnic backgrounds
- Priority Area 3: Deliver training to experts identified by WHO
- 1 month course: Nutritional sciences in an international perspective (delivered at SUHR'S)
- Summer course delivered in diverse countries
- Priority Area 4: Scholarships and Work Placements for/at WHO
-3 scholarships granted to 3 prospective students chosen by WHO to take a 3½ years higher education bachelor: the Global Bachelor in Nutrition and Health.
- Offer interns to WHO Regional Office in Copenhagen or abroad.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
9.1 - Partnerships and alliances formed, leadership built and coordination and networking developed with all stakeholders at country, regional and global levels, in order to promote advocacy and communication, stimulate intersectoral actions, increase investment in nutrition, food-safety and food-security interventions, and develop and support a research agenda.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
RODRIGUES DA SILVA BREDA Joao Joaquim
+41 22 79 11025
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork