Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Research and Training on Neglected and other Parasitic Zoonoses
Director / Head:
Prof Maria VANG JOHANSEN
Section for Parasitology, Health and Development (PSU), Department for Veterinary Disease Biology (IVS)
Faculty of Life Sciences (LIFE), University of Copenhagen
Dyrelaegevej 100 - DK-1870
+45 35 33 14 38/ +45 26 36 55 80
(+45) 35 33 14 33
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in the elaboration and evaluation of guidelines, manuals and strategies for surveillance, prevention and control of parasitic zoonoses.
- To conduct applied research projects on the epidemiology, prevention and control of parasitic zoonoses.
- To work with WHO in organizing scientific meetings and educational activities on parasitic zoonoses surveillance, prevention and control.
- To contribute to WHO's work providing developing countries with information services, advice & support for the implementation of evidence-based surveillance, prevention and control of parasitic zoonoses.
- Parasitic diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Information dissemination
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+41 22 791 2072
+45 45 33 66 80
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork