Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Research and Training on Neglected and other Parasitic Zoonoses
Director / Head:
Prof Stig M. THAMSBORG
Section for Parasitology, Health and Development (PSU), Department for Veterinary Disease Biology (IVS)
Faculty of Life Sciences (LIFE), University of Copenhagen
Dyrelaegevej 100 - DK-1870
(+ 45) 35 33 27 75
(+45) 35 33 27 74
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To participate in the elaboration of guidelines, manuals & strategies for surveillance, prevention & control of parasitic zoonoses at the national, regional & global levels.
- To carry out applied research projects on the epidemiology, prevention & control of parasitic zoonoses.
- To organize scientific meetings, educational activities, & individual & group training on parasitic zoonoses surveillance, prevention & control.
- To provide developing countries with information services, advice & support for the implementation of regional/national/sub-national projects for surveillance, prevention & control of parasitic zoonoses.
- Parasitic diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+41 22 79 12072
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork