Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Policy and Pharmacy Practice Development
Director / Head:
Ms LotteALBERTSEN Fonnesbæk
(45) 4820 6000
(45) 4820 6060
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist in the development & implementation of national drug policies.
- To provide guidance on development & implementation of good professional practice within the pharmaceutical sector
- To advice on developing plans for human resource development & organizing education activities.
- To promote & stimulate professional contacts & networks.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
PEDERSEN Hanne Bak
HILL Suzanne Rose
+41 22 791 3632
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork