Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Borreliosis
Director / Head:
Dr Dagmar HULINSKA
Reference Laboratory of Lyme Borreliosis
National Institute of Public Health
(42-02) 6708 2594
(42-02) 6708 2538
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To isolate, identify & collect strains of B. burgdorferi sensu lato which may be useful in preparation of antigens for serology & for research purposes.
- 2. To further improve serological methods ELISA for the detection of antibodies to borrelia through standardization (NEQAS, EHK, WHO cooperation) & by use of endemic antigens.
- 3. To further improve serological confirmation test Western blot using different antigens.
- 4. To organize interlaboratory studies on routinely used serological tests in the Czech Republic & European Region.
- 5. To prepare training materials, guidelines & other materials for training of Czech & other European scientists in both clinical & laboratory diagnosis & surveillance of Lyme borreliosis.
- 6. To participate in WHO & other international meetings on Lyme borreliosis & also organize further Czech borrelial days with international participation.
- 7. To participate & organizae training courses, seminars, workshops on a national, regional & international level.
- 8. To prepare a brief annual report on the activities of the Collaborating Centre.
9. To improve communication & cooperation with clinical staff by investigation of scientific grants.
10. To further improve the other direct methods instead cultivation for identification of pathogens in body fluids & tissue sample.
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
- Training and education
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork