Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Dr Beatrica Dlouhá
Dr Zdenek Šmerhovský
Centre of Occupational Diseases
National Institute of Public Health
Srobarova 48 100 42, 10
(420-2) 673 11 467
(420-2) 673 11 236
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- National profile of occupational health system in the Czech Republic
o This activity is related to objective 1 of WHO Global Plan of Action on Workers' Health (attached).
- Improvement of occupational health surveillance through exposure registries
o This activity is related to objectives 2 and 4 of WHO Global Plan of Action on Workers' Health.
- Proposal of national program for elimination of asbestos-related diseases
o This activity is related to objective 1 of WHO Global Plan of Action on Workers' Health.
- Contribute to the Global Plan of Action on Workers' Health and collaborate with members of the network forwards defined outputs and products.
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
+49 228 815 0421
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork