Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research in Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Dr. Felipe Santana
Instituto Nacional de Endocrinologia
Ministry of Health
Zapata y D. Vedado. Habana 4
Ciudad de la Habana
(53-7) 832 0362
(53-7) 333 417
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To increase availability of high-quality family planning services and to continue strengthening its research capabilities in family planning including infertility.
- To improve the provision of quality maternal and newborn health services, including essential and emergency obstetric and neonatal care (during pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period).
- To carry out researchs in area of sexually transmitted and reproductive tract infections, including HIV and cervical cancer.
- To assist health managers, researchers and service providers to integrate gender equity and human rights into sexual and reproductive health programmes, and ensure that activities conform to standards issues in reproductive rights.
- To improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- To identify factors related with the aging, in both sex, particularly in aspects of the sexuality and the reproductive health.
- To develop a program of formation of human resources in the field of the reproductive health, in the thematic areas above mentioned.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
3.1.6 - Research undertaken and research capacity strengthened for sexual and reproductive health, including in family planning, maternal and perinatal health, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, sexually transmitted infections, preventing unsafe abortion, infertility, sexual health, female genital mutilation, violence against women, and sexual and reproductive health in humanitarian settings
+41 22 791 4816
GOMEZ PONCE DE LEON Rodolfo Federico
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork