Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research in Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Dr. Felipe Santana
Hospital "Cmdte Manuel Fajardo"
Instituto Nacional de Endocrinologia
Zapata y D. Vedado. Habana 4
Ciudad de la Habana
(53-7) 832 0362
(53-7) 333 417
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To increase availability of high-quality family planning services and to continue strengthening its research capabilities in family planning including infertility.
- To improve the provision of quality maternal and newborn health services, including essential and emergency obstetric and neonatal care (during pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period).
- To carry out researchs in area of sexually transmitted and reproductive tract infections, including HIV and cervical cancer.
- To assist health managers, researchers and service providers to integrate gender equity and human rights into sexual and reproductive health programmes, and ensure that activities conform to standards issues in reproductive rights.
- To improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- To identify factors related with the aging, in both sex, particularly in aspects of the sexuality and the reproductive health.
- To develop a program of formation of human resources in the field of the reproductive health, in the thematic areas above mentioned.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
4.3 - Guidelines, approaches and tools for improving maternal care applied at the country level, including technical support provided to Member States for intensified action to ensure skilled care for every pregnant woman and every newborn, through childbirth and the postpartum and postnatal periods, particularly for poor and disadvantaged populations, with progress monitored.
+41 22 79 14816
SERRUYA Suzanne Jacob
598 2 4872929 ext. 33
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork