Title of the centre:
WHO Colaborating Centre in Hospital Organization, Management and Quality
Director / Head:
Dr Juan Luis de Pazos Carrazana
Dr Moises Santos Pena
Unidad Organizativa de Calidad
Hospital Gustavo Alderegia Lima
51A y 5 de septiembre
43 51 8945
43 51 7387
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate, provide technical assistance, and participate in the design and implementation of projects for improving the organization and management of healthcare services in the Region of the Americas.
- To provide expertise and conduct capacity building activities for the Safe Hospital Initiative.
- To participate in the design and implementation of a pilot project on management of Integrated Delivery Services based on PAHO's Position Paper.
- To provide technical assistance in strengthening clinical governance in hospitals in the Region.
- To assist in the organization and development of a Network of Hospitals of Excellence in the Region of the Americas promoted by PAHO.
- Health systems research & development
- Patient safety
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Development and application of appropriate technology
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
You can also contact:
- RUALES-ESTUPINAN Jose
EGGER Dominique Simone
+41 22 79 12703
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork