Title of the centre:
WHO Colaborating Centre in Hospital Organization, Management and Quality
Director / Head:
Dr Juan Luis de Pazos Carrazana
Dr Moises Santos Pena
Unidad Organizativa de Calidad
Hospital Gustavo Alderegia Lima
51A y 5 de septiembre
43 51 8945
43 51 7387
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate and participate in technical cooperation activities and projects for the improvement and efficiency of Integrated Health Services Delivery.
- To provide expertise and conduct capacity building activities for the Safe Hospital Initiative.
- To participate in the design and implementation of a pilot project on implementation and management of Integrated Health Service Delivery Networks based on PAHO/WHO Position Paper.
- Provide technical assistance in strengthening information systems and research in hospitals and throughout health care networks.
- To assist in the organization and development of the Patient Safety Strategy in all its components and especially the quality of health services promoted by PAHO/WHO.
- Health systems research & development
- Patient safety
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Development and application of appropriate technology
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
MONTENEGRO VON MÜHLENBROCK Hernan Julio
+41 22 79 11465
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork