Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health in Housing
Director / Head:
Dr Carlos BARCELO PEREZ
Instituto Nacional de Higiene, Epidemiologia y Microbiologia (INHEM)
Avenida Infanta 1158, Centro Habana, 10300 -
Ciudad de La Habana Province
(53-7) 878 1479 / 878 1736
(53-7) 833 2404
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Development of methods and techniques for the assessment, surveillance, diagnosis and environmental health interventions in housing and its surroundings.
- 2. Development of New Technologies to assess healthy settings in human settlements.
- 3. Development of workshops, forum, courses and fourth level teaching tools regarding healthy housing and scientific literature production.
- 4. Assist to projects of the Inter-American Network for Healthy Housing.
- 5. Researches on Health and Tourism.
- Healthy Cities
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
- Tourist health & travel medicine
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
TEIXEIRA Paulo F. Piza
NEIRA Maria Purificacion
+41 22 79 15526
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork