Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Tomasa M.E. Linares Fernandez
Dr. Gladys Ravelo Padua
Occupational Epidemiology Department
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Ministry of Public Health
Calzada de Bejucal No. 3035 e/ Heredia y Primera
(53-7) 643 83 41 / 643 83 43
(53-7) 643 83 41
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO’s work in the prevention of Non Communicable Diseases (NCD) with particular emphasis in occupational cancer and silicosis.
- To work with WHO/PAHO in building best practices in Occupational Health for Healthcare workers.
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO’s work in the construction of tools, standards and capacities for healthy workplaces.
- To Support WHO/PAHO in strengthening Health systems, governance, capacities and service delivery for workers’ health.
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO’s work for building the evidence and successful experiences within knowledge networks on Occupational Health and Safety for vulnerable groups and high risk sectors.
- Occupational health
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork