Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Strategic Information
Director / Head:
Associate Professor Ivana Bozicevic
Professor Stjepan Oreškovic
The Andrija Štampar School of Public Health, Medical School, Department of Medical Sociology and Health Economics
University of Zagreb
(385) 1 4590 100
(385) 1 4684 44
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To work with WHO in strengthening national capacities in the design and implementation of HIV strategic information systems, and monitoring and evaluation of HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis programmes through the provision of training courses with a key focus on Russian speaking countries.
- To support WHO in providing technical assistance to countries in the design and implementation of national strategic information systems for HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis, and evaluation of national programmes for HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis as well as specific interventions for prevention and control of these infections.
- To provide technical advise to WHO in research related questions and activities, including guideline development and implementation, review of national HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis surveillance study protocols and monitoring and evaluation plans and other written material.
- To network and build strategic partnerships in order to improve the scope and quality of the collaborating centre activities with a special emphasis on Russian speaking institutions and experts.
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Training and education
1.1.1 - Implementation and monitoring of the global health sector strategy on HIV/AIDS 2011-2015 through policy dialogue and technical support at global, regional and national level
4.4.1 - Comprehensive monitoring of the global, regional and country health situation, trends and determinants, using global standards, and leadership in the new data generation and analyses of health priorities
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
HIRNSCHALL Gottfried Otto
+41 22 791 2796
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork