Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Appropriate Technology in the Control of Diabetes Mellitus
Director / Head:
Professor Zeljko Metelko
Vuk Vrhovac University Clinic for Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolic Diseases, Merkur Teaching Hospital, Faculty of Medicine
University of Zagreb
(385-1) 233 1480
(385-1) 233 1515
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in developing a countrywide diabetes surveillance model for improving quality of care and monitoring trends in management and complications.
- To assist WHO in the development and implementation of different educational methods for health workers involved in diabetes health care.
- To organize regular diabetology training courses for professionals from developing countries.
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Training and education
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 4306
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork