Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Health Technology
Director / Head:
Ing. Tatiana Molina Velasquez
Dirección de Extensión
Calle 10 A No. 22-04
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To compile, analyze, promote and spread information for the suitable selection, incorporation and use of the technologies in health, in order that they are used in the most effective , efficient and useful form to improve the rendering of services of health, the medical practice and the security of the patient, guaranteeing the quality and the greater benefit for the population.
- To promote the development of Technology Evaluation at local, national and international levels.
- To foment the development of research in the area of Evaluation of Technologies in Health.
- To train the personnel who work in the area of health in subjects related to Evaluation of Technologies in Health and Clinical Engineering.
- To evaluate the performance of the health programs at national and local level.
- To analyze the economic and social impact of heath technologies.
- To foment the Outcome Research in the Colombian health system
- To promote the creation of a national network of Health Technolog y assessmet.
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
- Research policy & development
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
VELAZQUEZ BERUMEN Adriana
+41 22 79 11239
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork