Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Evaluation, Training and Advocacy in Health Promotion
Director / Head:
Dr. Ligia De Salazar
Centre for the Development of Evaluation and Technology in Public Health (CEDETES)
Universidade del Valle
Sede San Fernando Calle 4 B #36-00, Edificio 118, Primer Piso Calle -
(572) 558 5230
(572) 558 1947
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- - Strengthen the technical capacity in some Latin American countries to evaluate the effectiveness of health promotion and public health interventions; and to develop innovative methodological evaluation approaches and evaluation technologies.
- - Develop strategies to promote the generation, validation and use of evidence in processes of decision-making and actions on policies in public health and health promotion in selected countries the region of the Americas.
- - Contribute to generating knowledge, improving practice and establishing conceptual frameworks which substantiate actions and advance health promotion and evaluation of the field in this region.
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
MORALES Sofia Leticia
+41 22 79 13299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork