Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Evaluation, Training and Advocacy in Health Promotion
Director / Head:
Dr. Fabian Méndez
Centre for the Development of Evaluation and Technology in Public Health (CEDETES)
Universidade del Valle
Sede San Fernando Calle 4 B #36-00, Edificio 118, Primer Piso Calle -
(572) 558 5230
(572) 558 1947
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To work with PAHO/WHO in initiatives aimed to strengthen technical capacity to conduct effectiveness, process and impact evaluation of health promotion initiatives, with emphasis on those addressing health inequities.
- To contribute to PAHO/WHO's work on the initiative healthy cities through enhacing the component of health promotion evaluation.
- To work with PAHO/WHO in the dissemination and use of evaluation results to strengthen health promotion theory and practice.
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
Ower: 7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
BEN ABDELAZIZ Faten
+41 22 791 3475
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork