Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion and Sexual and Reproductive Health
Director / Head:
Doctora Blanca Patricia Mantilla Uribe
Institute of Interdisciplinary Programs for Primary Health Care (PROINAPSA), Faculty of Health
Santander Industrial University
Carrera 32 No. 29 - 31 Piso 3.
(57-7) 645 0006 / 632 7611
(57-7) 635 0472
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Contribute to PAHO / WHO in strengthening health promotion in schools.
- Support PAHO / WHO in training human resources in health promotion with a focus on Social Determinants of Health, health equity and the Health in All Policies strategy to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Collaborate with PAHO / WHO to strengthen sexual and reproductive health and the prevention of teenage pregnancy with equity approach.
- Health promotion & education
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
Ower: 7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
Ower: 6.6 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, interventions, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed and technical support provided to Member States to promote safer sex and strengthen institutions in order to tackle and manage the social and individual consequences of unsafe sex.
You can also contact:
- FORTUNE Ann-Kira
+41 22 791 3299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork