Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Violence and Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Maria Isabel GUTIERREZ MARTINEZ
Centro de Investigaciones de Salud y Violencia (CISALVA), Facultad de Salud
Universidad del Valle
Calle 4B No. 36-00, Edificio 100, Oficina 114
(57-2) 556 0255
(57-2) 556 0253
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Support capacity building efforts aimed at improving the health sector’s response to violence and injuries prevention.
- 2. Provide technical advice and produce documentation to improve the availability, analysis and dissemination of data on violence and injury prevention.
- 3. Provide technical advice and support for the design, implementation and analysis of 2-3 outcome evaluation studies of violence and injury prevention programmes in the PAHO Region.
- 4. Consolidate Safe Community Movement in the American Region.
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Provision of reference substances and other services
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
KRUG Etienne G.G.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork