Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Human Resources for Health
Director / Head:
Dr Li Guoqin
Dr Junhua Zhang
Ministry of Health
Health Human Resources Development Center (HHRDC)
3 Huoqiying Road
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To facilitate human resources for health development nationally, regionally and globally, through the development, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of HRH policies, guidelines and tools.
- To support improved health workforce databases, information systems and websites.
- To promote human resources for health research and utilization of research findings.
- To support HRH management, leadership and career development through technical meetings, trainings and other collaborative activities.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
GEDIK Fethiye Gulin
+ 63 2 5289816
+41 22 79 12886
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork