Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Suicide Prevention
Director / Head:
Professor Fude Yang
Dr Michael Phillips
Beijing Suicide Research and Prevention Centre
Beijing Hui Long Guan Hospital
Huilongguan, Changping Distric
(+8610) 8295 1150
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To develop suicide-related training programmes for research, clinicians and other personnel, such as teachers and police, who participate in suicide prevention efforts.
- To implement multi-site collaborative research projects on the epidemiology and characteristics of suicide and on the development and evaluation of different methods of suicide prevention.
- To provide support for the creation of a network of suicide research prevention centres in China and throughout the Region.
- To advocate the adoption, implementation and ongoing evaluation of national and local suicide prevention plans.
- To coordinate meetings, collaborative research projects and promote activities related to prevention of suicide as requested by WHO.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 79 13444
+63 2 5289858
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork