Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Suicide Prevention
Director / Head:
Professor Fude Yang
Beijing Suicide Research and Prevention Centre
Beijing Hui Long Guan Hospital
Huilongguan, Changping Distric
(+8610) 8295 1150
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To develop suicide-related training programmes for research, clinicians and other personnel, such as teachers and police, who participate in suicide prevention efforts.
- To implement multi-site collaborative research projects on the epidemiology and characteristics of suicide and on the development and evaluation of different methods of suicide prevention.
- To provide support for the creation of a network of suicide research prevention centres in China and throughout the Region.
- To advocate the adoption, implementation and ongoing evaluation of national and local suicide prevention plans.
- To coordinate meetings, collaborative research projects and promote activities related to prevention of suicide as requested by WHO.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
2.2.1 - Countries’ capacity to develop and implement national policies and plans in line with the 2013–2020 global mental health action plan strengthened
2.2.2 - Mental health promotion, prevention, treatment and recovery services improved through advocacy, better guidance and tools on integrated mental health services
+41 22 791 3444
+63 2 5289860
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork