Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Community-based Integrated Noncommunicable Disease Control and Prevention
Director / Head:
DR Yu WANG
National Center for Chronic and Noncommunicable Disease Control and Prevention
Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC)
27 Nanwei Road, Xuanwu District
(86-10) 8315 0386
(86-10) 6304 2350
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute in the formulation and strengthening of NCD related national policies,
strategies & guidelines and for NCD capacity in China and for Member States in WPR.
- To develop & promote methods and tools for cost-effective intervention for supporting NCD prevention and control in WPR.
- To conduct applied research on the prevention and control of NCD and help capacity building for NCD epidemiology in the region.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+63 2 5289860
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 79 13441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork