Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Psychosocial Factors, Substance Abuse and Health
Director / Head:
Dr Wei Hao
Mental Health Institute
Central South University
#139 Renmin Middle Road
(86-731) 8529 2156
(86-731) 8536 0160
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collect data in response to WHO reporting requirements on harmful use of alcohol, and newly introduced drugs such as ATS and ketamine, and related responses in China.
- To build capacity in (primary) health care for assessment and management of alcohol use disorders, including evaluating use of WHO "Screening and brief intervention for alcohol problems".
- Testing and implementing, as appropriate, WHO technical tools for assessment of treatment systems for substance use disorders.
- Contributing to the development of ICD-10 revision regarding substance use disorders, including the testing of the revised classification in China.
- Mental health & neurosciences
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
+63 2 5289858
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 79 14307
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork