Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Research in Rehabilitation
Director / Head:
Prof. Dengkun Nan
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Tongji Hospital
Tongji Medical College
1095, Jie Fang Da Dao
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Assist WHO to collect data on disability in China and in the rest of the Western Pacific Region.
- Work on Community-based rehabilitation in China and the rest of the Region
- To translate and disseminate WHO documents on Disability
- Disabilities and rehabilitation (excluding accident prevention)
- Health legislation and human rights
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+63 2 5289865
OFFICER Alana Margaret
+41 22 79 12977
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork