Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Schistosomiasis Control in Lake Regions
Director / Head:
Professor Zhihong Luo
Professor Xunya Hou
Hunan Institute of Parasitic Diseases
436 Jin'e Middle Road
(86-730) 861 5067
(86-730) 862 3018
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO by developping a Schistosomiasis programme management and Information network system.
- Implement jointly research on schistosomiasis control.
- In collaboration with WHO, to provide technical support to INCAS countries on schistosomiasis morbidity control.
- Assisting WHO in the collection and dissemination of information of research on schistosomiasis.
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Training and education
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
GARBA DJIRMAY Amadou
+41 22 791 3367
ABEYASINGHE Rabindra Romauld
+63 2 5289725
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork