Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Schistosomiasis Control in Lake Regions
Director / Head:
Professor Zhihong Luo
Hunan Institute of Parasitic Diseases
436 Jin'e Middle Road
(86-730) 861 5012
(86-730) 862 3018
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collection and dissemination of information of research on schistosomiasis.
1.1 To collect information of activities of schistosomiasis control and edite the Yearbook of Statistic of Schistosomiasis Control Work in Hunan Province.;
1.2 To provide information and advisory services of schistosomiasis control for grassroots units in the lake of region.
- Research on schistosomiasis control and assessment of its strategies.
To study and assess new methods and techniques of schistosomiasis control in lake regions and improve current control strategies.
- Training professional personals in the field of schistosomiasis control in the province.
3.1 To hold training workshops to locatlstafff to improve their skills in the province every year;
3.2 To hold one national workshop during the proposed time.
- Field investigation and monitoring of endemic situation in the Lake areas.
4.1 To run 16 national longitudinal surveillance sites.
4.2 To continue the fields investigation and monitor the endemic situation of schistosomiasis in the Dongting Lake region.
- Cooperation with WHO.To strengthen the communication and cooperation with WHO centers and international organizations in schistosomiasis control aspects.
- Schedule of submitted reports. If the Institute is resigned to be a WHO cooperating center on schistosomiasis control in the lake areas, it will strictly adhere to the proposed terms of references. The annual report will be submitted in January and work report of four years term will be put forward in January of 2010.
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Training and education
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
GARBA DJIRMAY Amadou
+41 22 791 3367
+63 2 5289723
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork