Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Child Health
Director / Head:
Dr Yaohua Dai
Capital Institute of Paediatrics
No. 2 Ya Bao Road
(86-10) 8563 6169
(86-10) 8562 2025
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to the regional efforts in expanding coverage of IMCI implementation at health facility and and community levels.
- To contribute to strengthened capacity to implementation of “Pocketbook of Hospital Care for Children” and improved quality of care.
- To contribute to improving community paediatric care.
- Child & maternal health
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 4.5 - Guidelines, approaches and tools for improving child health and development applied at the country level, with technical support provided to Member States for intensified action towards universal coverage of the population with effective interventions and for monitoring progress, taking into consideration international and human-rights norms and standards, notably those stipulated in the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
+63 2 5289878
+41 22 79 13766
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork