Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Rehabilitation
Director / Head:
Professor Dahong Zhuo
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences
58 Zhongshan Road 2
(86-20) 8733 0193
(86-20) 8775 0632
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to WHO’s work in the implementation of the CBR Guidelines.
- To work with WHO in development of appropriate technology in assistive devices.
- Disabilities and rehabilitation (excluding accident prevention)
- Health legislation and human rights
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Information dissemination
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
+63 2 5289865
CIEZA MORENO Maria Alarcos
+41 22 79 11998
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork