Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Tobacco or Health
Director / Head:
Prof. Chen WANG
Beijing Institute of Respiratory Medicine
Beijing Chaoyang Hospital
8 Gong-Ti-Nan-Lu, Chaoyang District
(86-10) 8523 1610
(86-10) 6506 0167
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To organize and carry out research in the following areas, by using internationally accepted methodologies:
Smoking prevalence surveys among selected population subgroups, either because they are considered vulnerable populations (i.e., women, children, adolescents) or for collecting information as a baseline for assessing interventions to reduce tobacco use.
Health effects of exposure to involuntary tobacco smoke.
Evaluation of the efficacy of smoking cessation programme on smoking quit rates.
- To conduct educational campaigns on various topics related to tobacco control, especially among medical professionals.
- To collaborate with Ministry of Health and health professionals associations on smoking-related research and anti-smoking educational campaigns.
- To assist WHO in the dissemination of information on tobacco or health activities within China
Types of activity:
- Provision of reference substances and other services
WHO organization wide expected result:
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
+41 22 79 15492
You can also contact:
- SANDA Luminita
MERCADO Susan P.
+63 2 5289854
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork