Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Neurosciences
Director / Head:
Professor Yazhuo Zhang
Beijing Neurosurgical Institute
#6Tiantan Xili Chongwen District
(86-10) 6701 8349
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- TOR 1: Assisting WHO in enhancing epilepsy management in rural China.
- TOR2: Supporting the WHO/ILAE/IBE Global Campaign Against Epilepsy (GCAE).
- TOR 3: To contribute to public education for prevention and management of stroke in China.
- TOR 4: To contribute to public education for prevention and management of traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury in China.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
+63 2 5289858
+41 22 791 3059
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork